- A 5% Bar Association membership credit. This 5% credit will be applied to your Lawyers’ Professional Liability Policy premium for membership in the New York State Bar Association, on a per-attorney basis.
- A 7.5% risk control credit per attorney for two years after completing a qualifying CNA risk management seminar.
Limits of Legal Liability:
- Range from a minimum of $100,000 per claim/$300,000 aggregate up to a maximum of $10M/$10M.
- Claim expenses outside limits coverage are available, subject to underwriting.
What is Covered:
- Professional fiduciary, trustee services ordinarily performed by a lawyer
- Arbitration, mediation, notary public and title agent services ordinarily performed by a lawyer
- Defense for personal injury claims arising out of your legal services
- Full Prior Acts available for qualifying attorneys
Who is Covered:
- Attorneys in your New York law firm, including new hires who join your firm mid-term
- Of-counsel attorneys or those acting on a contractual basis for work done on behalf of your firm
- Employees of your firm, including paralegals and investigators for work done on behalf of your firm
- Attorneys and staff of predecessor firms while acting on behalf of your firm
- Retired and disabled attorneys of your firm
- Former attorneys, for work done on behalf of your firm
Lateral Hire Coverage:
Attorneys who join your firm will be covered for their prior acts, provided (1) they meet the terms and conditions of the policy and are subject to underwriting approval; and (2) have maintained continuous claims-made coverage while in practice. (This coverage may be excluded from the policy upon your law firm’s written request.)
Special Benefits for Sole Practitioners:
- Part-time Program specifically designed if you work on average less than 26 hours per week in your own practice
- Extended Reporting Period provides you or your estate with extended protection—free of charge—in the event of total disability or death
- Retiree Benefit provides an Unlimited Extended Reporting Period, free of charge, provided you have had continuous coverage under the USI Affinity’s Lawyers’ Complete Program
Professional Liability Insurance Program, as follows:
- If you retire at 55: you need to have been insured for at least 7 years.
- If you retire at 56: you need to have been insured for at least 6 years.
- If you retire at 57: you need to have been insured for at least 5 years.
- New Attorney Discount may be available if you opened your own solo firm within one year of graduating from law school—a 30% discount in your first year; a 20% discount in your second year; and a 10% discount in your third year.